Sunday, March 30, 2008

My letter to Mother Earth


Dear Mother Earth,

I am writing to let you know that I appreciate the efforts you make to sustain us, all those that inhabit you. You have provided us with trees to give us air, water to drink, and the animals to keep us in harmony. We survive because of all of the inhabitants and yet we take it for granted.

So many of your resources are disappearing, and we are in denial. We turned our back on you, and continue to look away. I am aware of the excess we use, and that we use more than we truly need.

I have taken it upon myself to live better, live more accountably, and to teach my children to have some respect for you. I have bought a smaller, more efficient car, I have switched to florescent lights and turn them off when I am not using them. I try to look for more environmentally friendly products and am making a bigger effort to recycle. And I will continue to look for better ways to do things.

However, I feel that my biggest difference will be made by raising awareness around me.

I hope you are still around for my children to enjoy...

Sincerely,
Sihing Wilson

No comments: