Friday, April 4, 2008

Soil


Dear Mother Earth,
As stewards of your land my family fully recognizes it’s beauty and all it provides. We try to do our part to not over use, abuse or take advantage of this creation.
I have been involved in the oilfield for nearly 15 years, as a consultant. My fields of expertise involve environmental, reclamation and construction. I have the privilege of working with the flora and fauna which have so graciously been placed in our ecosystem. I have always taken my job seriously and utilized the most conservative means possible. A large portion of my job description is also dealing with the removal of soil prior to drilling and rig access. I’m very diligent and particular when it comes to removing the soils. Then comes the reclamation which I equally value and take great pride in returning to its natural pre-constructed state. I have also been involved in many spill and clean up projects. Bringing this land back to a clean and productive state has been and will always be a priority of mine as long as I’m working with the environment.
A rewarding part of leading this sort of working mentality is to witness my boys of 10 and 5 years old mimic my work practices in their make belief scenarios and to hear them refer to our soils as “soil”, something of value rather than, as just “dirt”!

Yours truly,
Darcy, Alana, Brandon and Kayden

No comments: